Whenever you visit any online websites to find the most suitable cordless drill for your job, it is easy to get frustrated with all the possible options. For many newbies, sometimes it can take them a lot of time to figure out all the useful characteristics and then decide which brand and model they need to buy.
All the information about the features of cordless drill that you need to consider while buying is completely here, so you do not need to search various websites to acquire adequate knowledge for your choices.
In this comprehensive review, we will cover the top ten cordless drills on many review websites and justify why they are so common. You will figure out the characteristics of every type and which job would they are suitable for. The main goal that we have in our mind when writing this review is to show you useful information on which features make a cordless drill good. Thus, even if you are a newbie in using them, you may gain confidence in the knowledge that we have given to you and use that to make the most appropriate purchasing decisions. Every drill is produced and designed in different ways and we will show you the most striking differences in an easy way to understand so that you can easily make your choices.
- Top 10 best cordless drill reviews
- 1. Makita XPH012 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill Kit with One Battery
- 2. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill / Driver Kit, Compact, Brushless (DCD777C2)
- 3. Bosch 18V Compact 1/2″ Drill/Driver Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Slim Pack Batteries GSR18V-190B22
- 4. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill Driver Kit
- 5. PORTER-CABLE PCCK600LB 20-volt 1/2-Inch Lithium Ion Drill/Driver Kit
- 6. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
- 7. Bosch PS31-2A – 12V lithium ion – Drill and driver Equipment including and Case and Charger – 2 batteries
- 8. BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Drill/Driver
- 9. Makita FD07R1 12V MAX CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Driver-Drill Kit, 3/8″
- 10. Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit
- How to select the best cordless drill that suits you?
- Light maintenance and repair:
- Repair and remodeling
- Heavy-duty construction
Top 10 best cordless drill reviews
1. Makita XPH012 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill Kit with One Battery
- This Makita model can be used in many different roles like a hammer driver – drill or a driver – drill, which allows the users to bring only one equipment on their job instead of many tools at once time. Therefore, it provides flexibility and comfort to the users so that they can improve the efficiency during working.
- Incorporated with a 18 volts lithium ion battery, the equipment has the fastest charge time compared to other cordless drill with the same technology. As a result, you can reduce the waiting time and work in the jobsite for a longer time.
- To reduce the tiredness of the users, the manufacturers have made a customized shape model that is just 4 lbs in weight (including batteries) and only 8.125 inches long. Moreover, it also includes a small LED to give light to the working area so that we can work more efficiently.
2. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill / Driver Kit, Compact, Brushless (DCD777C2)
- DEWALT brushless motor delivers more run time over brushed
- Compact (7.52″ front to back), lightweight design fits into tight areas
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle provides ideal balance and tool control
- LED light with 20-second trigger release delay provides increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
3. Bosch 18V Compact 1/2″ Drill/Driver Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Slim Pack Batteries GSR18V-190B22
- Lightweight components and units make this equipment ideal for tasks required working above your head. To be more specific, this drill is only 3 pounds in weight, meaning that electricians or repairers who perform plenty of overhead tasks could benefit a lot from it.
- Compared to many types of competitive drills with 18V battery, this model of Bosch is more compact and strong for the users to achieve daily tasks. In addition, working in confined areas is also easier and more flexible as the length of the drill head is only 7.8 inches.
- 20+1 clutch settings – provide accuracy for reduced fastener damage
- Two speed settings – allows for high-speed (0-1,700 RPM) setting and high-power (0-450 RPM) mode
4. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill Driver Kit
- The workers and repairers can work efficiently and comfortably in hard and challenging working condition due to compact and strong design as well as lightweight body.
- A great motor with high performance which provides power ability up to 300 UWO (unit watts out) support us in completing a various ranges of task and application in daily life.
- This drill model of Dewalt operates in high rate transmission with two ranges of speed, namely 0-450 and 1,500 revolutions per minute, which can be suitable for different jobs such as drilling, driving and fastening.
- Handle is manufactured in ergonomic design to improve the users’working conditions as well as provide comfort and efficiency.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCCK600LB 20-volt 1/2-Inch Lithium Ion Drill/Driver Kit
- The most latest innovative technology in lithium ion battery field is applied in this 20V-powered drill brand. This allows us to have more time woking in the jobsite.
- The efficiency of the fastening as well as drilling process will be greatly maximized by a dual speed and high-performance motor, ranging 0-400 and 0-1600 revolutions per minute.
- This Porter Cable model is put in a small kit and lightweight form, measuring about 8 inches in length and only 3.5 lbs in weight, to fit in confined areas so that you can drill holes easily.
- The equipment is also equipped with a built-in LED light to enhance users’ visibility in dark working condition. In addition, the bumpers made by rubber on both edges of the model will help us protect it from damage.
6. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
- Using a 20V lithium ion battery in compact and light form brings a longer lifespan to this equipment and reduces the time waiting for charge. Thus, it supports the users to work for a longer time in the jobsite.
- This model of drill has a clutch with 11 positions that provides exact check for drilling and screw driving a wide range of materials such as plastic, wood, and even metal.
- Based on lightweight form and firm design, the LDX120C aims at reducing users’ tiredness and allowing them to drill and drive in tight working environment. In addition, it also provides a soft grip to make users comfort while working and a small incorporated LED to perform in dart areas.
7. Bosch PS31-2A – 12V lithium ion – Drill and driver Equipment including and Case and Charger – 2 batteries
- This drill model of Bosch has a streamlined design, which includes a lightweight and compact form with a head of 7 inches long and a body of 2 lbs in weight. This makes the equipment the lightest model in the class and suitable for working in confined environment as well as overhead jobs.
- The PS31- 2A drill is a versatile straightforward equipment for every person to use. It has a sleeveless with three eighth inches in length which could complete about 90 per cent of general applications.
- A build-in LED light is integrated to illuminate dark working areas so that you could work anytime and anywhere without dependence on natural lights.
8. BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Drill/Driver
- The Matrix Quick Connect System in this model is one of the most innovative technologies in drill manufacturing. This lets the users drill and drive with a wide range of interchangeable heads for various jobs.
- It supplies enough source of power for users to work for nearly 8 hours thanks to a durable 20V lithium ion battery that can be used up to nearly 18 months.
- With a lightweight and compact design, this model of drill allows you to drill or drive easily and flexibly in tight working spaces.
- This Black and Decker model is particularly suitable for working with a wide variety of materials such as plastic, wood and even metal.
9. Makita FD07R1 12V MAX CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Driver-Drill Kit, 3/8″
- The FD07R1 drill is built for a wide range of jobs such as professional worker, installers of cabinet, repairers, electricians, remodelers and many general contractors who are looking for a compact cordless driver.
- In consistency with all of the Makita’s innovative technology in lithium ion battery, the 12V max lithium ion batteries (including an impact driver, impact spanner, buzz saw, vacuum, recipro saw and flashlights) in this model provide more power to work efficiently in a long time.
- In addition, it has an LED light to intensify the users’ visibility in dark or lowlight working environment and a built-in variable pace motor to help users work precisely and effectively.
10. Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit
- The model has a compact design with durable as well as lightweight body so that it could provide greater comfort to the users to work more efficiently on the jobsite.
- The users could increase productivity, work efficiently and prevent interruptions thanks to an integrated fuel gauge to measure the amount of energy and a built-in LED light to illuminate dark working areas.
- This drill model of Milwaukee is also equipped with 2 red lithium batteries which provide a longer time on job as well as less time on charge (30 minutes) compared to other competitive types of battery technology on the market.
How to select the best cordless drill that suits you?
In this section, we will show you some useful information on the kind of cordless drill that you should look for and have a try when doing particular jobs. Each brand or model of drill would provide the users with different characteristics and have disparate advantages as well as disadvantages. Having in your mind which one to look for could help you a lot in considering and making wise choices so that you can maximize the benefits from cordless drill.
Light maintenance and repair:
This type of job would cover a lot of simple activities such as drape bracket installation, door hinge removal or replacement, furniture or grill construction and new cabinet assembly.
All of these kinds of job are fairly quick and brief so a cordless drill equipment with 2 batteries is wasteful and not necessary. All the characteristics of a cordless drill that you need are an equipment with 1 battery, 2 fixed speeds and 1 adjustable kind of clutch. Speaking of the battery, a range from 6 to 7.2 V would be appropriate for this type of job.
Suggestion: Milwaukee 2407-22 M12
Repair and remodeling
Repairing is very common in families and offices. You often have to assemble racks and closet shelving for storage, replace deck railing and remove fence picket, drill and drive screw as well as pilot hole into hardwood and create furniture.
All the features that you need to consider for these tasks include a changing speed, 2 ranges of speed, a T-handle and a clutch. When it comes to energy, a 12V battery is the best choice for you but it could be a little bit heavy. So you just need at least a 9.6V battery
Suggestion: Bosch PS31-2A – 12V lithium ion
This kind of task definitely needs a really powerful brand of drill. Thus, you would use it to complete challenging jobs such as drilling hole for spike as well as bolt bolts in wood, drilling spike in timber and wall, installing decking, drilling in steel.
The cordless drills that you need must have at least 12V battery so that the users could work for a long time. These types of drill are definitely more expensive, heavier and stronger for the users to consider.
Suggestion: BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C 20V
To sum up, it could be a lot easier for you to make decisions on choosing the best suitable cordless drill if you know clearly the kinds of job and working condition. With all of the above mentioned comparison, you would be able to read the detailed specification of any popular cordless drills and have a better insight into the meaning of these numbers as well as the capability of any models of drill on the market. In addition, always remember to check for the money back warranty or guarantee policy as well so that you could make sure to use your cordless drill for many times with security.