The impact driver can drill all kinds of holes. It is indispensable for working with any material, even the hardest ones: concrete, metal, stone, etc. The design feature of the tool makes it almost universal. In this article, we’ll review the Black & Decker LDX120C impact driver and inform you about its pros and cons.
Key features of Black & Decker LDX120C
|Voltage||20 V||Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Torque||115 Inch Pounds||Batteries Type||Lithium Ion|
|Max Power||1800 Watts||Weight||3.15 pounds|
|Max Rotation Speed||650 RPM||Editor Rating|
- Voltage. The higher the value, the less effort it takes to get the job done. At the same time, a high power rating requires more energy, which means the battery needs to be stronger as well.
- Torque. The maximum torque is directly related to the intended use of the tool. In fact, it is responsible for the “strength” of the device. The higher this indicator, the easier it is for the screwdriver to screw large screws.
- Rotation speed. This is the number of revolutions made by the spindle around its own axis in a unit of time. It is measured in revolutions per minute (rpm). The higher the speed of the drill, the higher its productivity.
- Battery. The most commonly used types of batteries for an impact driver:
- Li-Ion – more expensive than nickel batteries, but behind this price are weighty advantages, such as light weight, no “memory effect”, no self-discharge (presence in the smallest possible amount), good performance properties.
- Ni-Cd – the most popular type of battery for a screwdriver, primarily due to its price. When choosing this type of battery, it is important to follow the instructions on how to charge it.
- Ni-MH – released to replace the Ni-Cd type, its characteristics are not much inferior to its “big brother”, but it does not contain harmful cadmium, which means easier battery disposal.
Nickel batteries, compared to lithium-ion batteries, are more sensitive to the cold, which means that in winter it will be easier to work with them on the street.
Black & Decker LDX120C is relatively cheaper as compared to its other competitors. The flexible design and the innovative technology that it uses can help drive more power without any fatigue.
Black & Decker are the US power tool manufacturers very popular for their powerful and high performing drilling tools for home and other utilities. They have made several improvements in their product range with the innovative and technological products over a period of time. These fastening systems are also popular and beneficial for a variety of other reasons you should care about. Make sure to read our product reviews where we outlined the features, benefits, pros and cons, the customer score the product gets, the installation and maintenance guide and tips followed by the conclusion.
Check the features before buying
Before buying the product you should be aware of the major features of this Black & Decker cordless drill/driver. Below are some of the important features that needs spotlight.
Technology: This impact driver uses Lithium technology for manufacturing the driver. If you are thinking what is so special about Lithium, then you should know it is lightweight, and lasts longer.
Compact: The tool is very compact and can easily fit in any narrow space. The reason behind this is, the size is too small and can be easily handled.
The clutch: This has a 11 position clutch that offers excellent control and precision while you are working on the drilling job.
Speed: You have various controls over the tool that can help you adjust the speed levels. With this variable speed you can certainly control the torque and the momentum.
Utility: When you are trying to drill holes on your walls, this is a best. However, not many tools support drilling other materials such as wood, plastic, metals, and for screwdriving tasks.
LED worklight: The tool comes with a LED worklight, so don’t worry if you are planning to work in a dark place or during night time, you can certainly use this tool for your DYI projects.
Benefits of using the products
There are various benefits of Black & Decker LDX120C power tools when it comes to drilling and maintenance. Some of the major advantages of this product are highlighted here that can help you make well informed decision. The product is relatively cheaper as compared to its other competitors. The flexible design and the innovative technology that it uses can help drive more power without any fatigue.
Pros and Cons
There are many other benefits of this product. We have listed down the pros and cons of them below:
- LED : The LED worklight can lend you hand when you need to work at night time. Although you need a heavy battery for this, you can still use it for emergency when you need to urgently fix something.
- Durable : The battery is very durable and can run months together even if you are a regular user.
- Utility : This tool can be used to drill holes on a variety of materials because of which it has gained a lot of popularity. Most of the households wish to have these batteries for their homes.
- Battery : The 20V battery is a little heavy if you are very lightweight person. Hence make sure you use it occasionally if you are not able to bear the weight.
- Damages : When you drill softer surfaces, the tool looses its stability and chips off the surface. For example, wooden materials are more vulnerable to damages.
- Transmission : This tool doesn’t come with a 2 speed transition, so you have to be stuck with just using one speed transition at all times.
Considering various Amazon reviews from different customers who bought this product, the product is rated 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. The main reason behind this is the advantages of this product. With the durable 20V battery, this product is a perfect one for any homeowner. The battery pack stays on the charger and there is no memory stored. The LED light is the best part of this tool. On the contrary, there are almost 25% of the customers who gave negative reviews of this product. The drill on wood screws up the base material and smaller holes are drilled.
Product installation guide
You should know how to install and use this product. This guide will give you step by step assistance to do so.
- Unpack the user guide, tool and accessories.
- You can assemble the tool by looking at the step by step guide.
- Once you have the tool ready, fix the LED and the battery.
- Turn on the drill and up you go!
- When maintaining the tool make sure, you remove the battery after use
- You can clean any debris sitting over the surface of the tool so it doesn’t get stuck in the front portion of the drill.
Now that you have read all about the features, reviews, customer rating and opinions, pros and cons and benefits of this product, you should now be in a situation whether you need to buy this product or not. If you have any questions regarding our installation and maintenance steps or anything about the product that you want to know, make sure to contact us and we will be happy to guide you. We encourage all our readers to use our Amazon affiliate link to visit the product page and buy when you decide to.