Construction regardless of the size, remains incomplete without a perfect drilling machine, and for drilling purpose, you can remember hundredths of names. But do all drivers do the same at the time of drilling? The answer is NO, so the urgency for finding out a suitable drilling machine is huge, and in this article, we have stopped by mentioning a great brand called Makita which manufactures outstanding products for making the drilling maneuver lot better as well as sooner.
Makita’s impact drivers are well-popular all over the world because for drilling, driving and fastening purposes, its products ensure high performance. Performance, compact design, easy to use – all these have taken Makita to a high position over years.
- Why Should You Buy a Makita Impact Driver?
- Best Choice:
- Makita XWT08Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless
- How to choose the best Makita Impact Driver that Suits You?
- Top 5 Best Makita Impact Driver Reviews 2016:
- 1. Makita XT260 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit, 2-Piece
- 2. Makita XT211M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 2-Pc. Cordless Combo Kit with Two 4.0Ah Batteries
- 3. Makita XDT042 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
- 4. Makita XDT11Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver, Tool Only
- 5. Makita LCT209W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit
Why Should You Buy a Makita Impact Driver?
The great things come from great company. If you go for analyzing any product for how good it is, you must look at the company which manufactures the product. Likewise, for an impact driver, you should see how good the company is.
Makita is in leading the leading position for manufacturing power tools which has been carrying on innovating advanced motor design over 100 years. The company is providing standard industrial tools for sufficing the needs for construction regularly.
Some of the Great Features of Makita at a Glance:
- Hundredths years of experience in the field of industry tools making.
- It is trusted for its long-term reliability.
- Advanced technology for battery as well as the motor.
- The quality control for checking of its tools is strictly maintained.
Makita XWT08Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless High Torque 1/2″ Sq. Drive Impact Wrench (XWT08Z, tool only) combines 740 ft.lbs. fastening torque and 1,180 ft.lbs. break-away torque with extended run time and speed control for unmatched fastening performance. It features an efficient Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The electronic 3-speed power selection switch gives users more precise fastening control. It is ideal for a range of users, from iron and steel workers to pipe fitters, railroad and automotive mechanics, forming carpenters, and more.
We have analyzed many impact drivers and selected the best product. In our opinion, it is Makita XWT08Z 18V LXT.
- Weighs only 7.9 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Flexible joint isolates the battery from the grip to help reduce wear on the battery contacts
- Built-in dual L.E.D. lights with preglow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
How to choose the best Makita Impact Driver that Suits You?
There are some things you should consider for choosing the best Makita impact driver which are being discussed now.
1. More Torque is Better: Go for an impact driver that has enormous torque as higher torque means you can bore or make big holes with smaller drivers. Never be fooled by buying a less-torque impact driver in order to ensure less strain in hand. Higher torque does not mean that you will fatigue quickly, in contrast, it guarantees less fatigue because of smooth drilling, driving or fastening.
So in this regards, except Makita LCT209W 12V all the other four items among the mentioned five drivers can be chosen.
2. Size as well as Weight Matters: It is usual that an impact driver can be held in one hand while in operation, so look at the driver which is better suited with your one-hand operating. If you take a less weighty impact driver, then it will be easier for you to hold it. In addition, go for smaller sized impact driver by not compromising the power as well as the torque.
All the five models of the Makita are of great size and weight though the last one is extremely light weighted.
3. Less Noisy is Less Irritating and Healthier: Isn’t it better to things done without much noise? So pick the impact driver that sounds less. Much drilling and driving noise is a monotonous thing for an impact driver’s operator, on the other hand high pitch of noise is harmful for our hearings.
All the models ensure smooth drilling, thus less noise.
4. Powerful Battery can Perform Well: As we have talked before that higher torque means better drilling experience, you should go for 18 volt impact driver because higher volt does great impact on better torque. 18 Volt will do a lot though it is compact as well. Not only that, high voltage battery in an impact driver means you will get longer run time with it.
The first four models are with 18 V, so you can go for any of them for better battery.
5. Having all is Great: It is always better to pick the combo kit as it has a combined pack which can cost you a little extra. Another thing that should be mentioned is buy cordless impact driver as it is easier for using.
The first, second and the last models mentioned here are with combo pack.
So you should consider the mentioned things while purchasing a Makita impact driver.
Top 5 Best Makita Impact Driver Reviews 2016:
1. Makita XT260 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit, 2-Piece
This is 18-volt impact driver from Makita which has enormous torque that ranges between 480 and 1420 in.lbs. The motor used in the impact driver is Makita made 4-pole motor which is a robust and advanced motor that can perform strong enough while drilling with bits. It has battery optimizing power system that ensures better battery life by managing overheating, over charging, and overvoltage as well. The power battery is fully chargeable within half an hour.
Some of the key features of the impact driver:
- Heavy torque of 480 to 1420 in.lbs.
- 18 Volts battery, so enormous torque is assured.
- Built-in efficient system for managing overheating, over charging and over loading.
- Cooling fan for the battery ensures longer life span of the lithium battery.
- Battery charging time is very short.
2. Makita XT211M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 2-Pc. Cordless Combo Kit with Two 4.0Ah Batteries
This impact driver is a less weighty (weighs only 3.3 lbs) tool that is quite efficient for producing powerful torque of 1420 in.lbs. This is a perfect tool for drilling or driving on wood as well as metal. The minimum noisy highly efficient impact driver has 1/2″ hammer driver drill which is also equipped with metal gear construction. The battery is improved in this model which is 4.0 Ah, thus it ensures longer usability than an impact driver having a 3.0 Ah battery.
- It is a combo kit that includes impact driver, driver-drill, and 18 Volt batteries (2 of them) along with a charger.
- Two of the 18 volt batteries give 35% more usability guarantee with a single full-charge.
- Great torque from480 to 1420 in.lbs.
- Weight of the impact driver is only 3.3 lbs including the batteries.
- Automatic system for avoiding issues like overloading, overheating and over charging.
3. Makita XDT042 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
The impact driver comes with a powerful 4-pole motor hat can generate up to 1420 in.lbs torque. XDT042 is sported with L.E.D light that lights the working object which is an effective solution for performing accurately. It weighs only 3.3 lbs including the battery that is also a less weighty impact driver like its other cousins. The soft grip along with the less weight of the impact driver makes it is a master tool for giving much comfort to its operators.
- It generates the standard 1420 torque that can bore or make big holes with short bits.
- Its weight of only 3.3 lbs has made it a fatigue reliever in many aspects.
- It is a slick designed impact driver that is only 5-7/16″ long.
- It is equipped with powerful motor and long longevity battery for long time use with great power.
- L.E.D light makes the drilling as well as the driving performance more efficient.
4. Makita XDT11Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver, Tool Only
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver (model XDT11Z, tool only, battery sold separately) delivers power and speed in a compact size for a full range of driving and fastening tasks. The XDT11Z features a Makita-built 4-pole motor with variable speed (0-2,900 RPM and 0-3,500 IPM) that delivers 1,460 in.lbs. of Max Torque. At only 5-3/8” long and 2.8 pounds (with battery, sold separately), it has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight for reduced operator fatigue, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort on the job. The built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces and close quarters.
- 4-pole motor with innovative 4-brush design delivers increased RPM without decreasing torque
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-3/8″ long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Convenient one-touch 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes
5. Makita LCT209W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit
The Makita 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit delivers pro power and pro speed in an ultra-compact size, and offers two ideal additions to any tool box or tool belt. The CT226RX includes cordless solutions for drilling, driving, and fastening. The kit includes two 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries for improved balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. For added convenience, the batteries feature on-board L.E.D. charge level indicators for added convenience. The CT226RX includes an ultra-compact two-speed driver-drill that weighs only 2.4 lbs. and delivers 250 in.lbs. of Max Torque. The variable speed impact driver weighs only 2.3 lbs. and delivers 970 in.lbs. of Max Torque for driving and fastening. It’s an ideal combo kit for users who require a more compact tool for less weight or for applications in tight spaces.
- 3/8″ Driver-Drill with 2-speeds (0-450 & 0-1,700 RPM) delivers up to 250 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- 3/8″ Driver-Drill features a compact design at only 7-7/16″ long and weighs only 2.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Impact Driver with variable speed (0-2,600 RPM & 0-3,500 IPM) delivers up to 970 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Impact Driver features a compact design at only 6″ long and weighs only 2.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area